Monday, June 22, 2009

Let it Go!

I think at some point in our life's we all have to let someone or something go. I struggle with this sometimes. I have the tendency to fight for people. I know they are good people. I know they have a good heart. At the same time. As mentioned in an earlier blog, it takes two to make a friendship work. Friendships are work and it takes more than one person to do the work. So I'm taking a deep breath. And I'm letting go. Letting go for me means to let go of expectations. I can no longer expect everyone to live up to the standard I set for them. First, it's unfair, and second, not everyone is as thoughtful as I want them to be. It's not worth it and it ruins my sense of peace.

You know, all of this is also once sided. I think it's interesting, and I know I'm not the only who feels this way. But, I am currently unhappy with a "friend's" actions or lack there of. But she doesn't know. So who is this hurting? It's me. *Deep Cleansing Breathe* Internalizing does not make me productive.

No comments: