Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lack of Blogging

Oh my slacker bloggerness. Often times when I am away from a computer I think of all the great things I should blog about. When i get to a computer I'm usually distracted by looking up recipes, facebook, or email. I should make a point to blog.... and maybe I will. (That is my non committal commitment to do so)

I'm thinking I will focus on what makes me happy, what lifts me up. Bitching in the format just seems pointless, that's what facebook posts are for right?

What is making me happy?

First I have to admit that I have been frequenting the Shell station just a few blocks from work because they have a subway. Yesterday I got my vegan footlong... and today I did the same. (I'm refusing to grocery shop before I go out of town)

The woman who rang me up asked me "How are you doing today, you were here yesterday". This made me laugh a little, thinking "soon they'll have my credit card number memorized." The simple engagement in conversation made me happy. I told her I wasn't going grocery shopping before the holidays and she said she wasn't either. If she did her kids would come over and eat all her food. I guess it's subway for both of us for awhile. At least I'm eating my veggies!

Side note: I also laugh at "subway eat fresh". I often think, "is this really fresh?"

Ok I'll work on this... even get some pictures up in here!

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love relecting on simple bits of goodness in the day- great idea!

PS- Subway bread is vegan?! I'm learning so much! :)