Monday, May 4, 2009

It's true, I wrote a blog.

I have not blogged in a while. I have thought about it, it just hasn't happened. I feel like I've been chasing my tail lately. Not in a bad way, just been busy.
G and I celebrated our meetaversary.... A year ago Friday we met each other. Neither one of us had any idea we'd be where we are now, and we are eternally grateful to have met and fallen in love, well I am, I can't speak for her, haha.
What else? We just started the Engine 2 Diet. I'm pretty excited. I have been reading quite a few books on health and our diet. I feel like it's the one thing we can control... our diet and our exercise. I can't change my genetics. G and I decided that one thing we wanted to do for each other is be healthy. We want to be around for each other as long as humanly possible. So, today is day two on the Engine 2. So far so good. (other books that lead to this are The World Peace Diet, Skinny Bitch and The China Study) Yesterday we had a vegan meatloaf that was amazing! Don't' be a doubter - it really was good! If you are reading this, and I don't know who does, I'm challenging you to really evaluate your diet. Don't go on some fad diet, but think about it... I cut out diet coke and coffee and turned to water - did you know to coffee - if I can't pronounce the ingredients I have to think long and hard before I'm going to eat it. I know! That means no more Oreos, but you know.... I want to live my life as long as I can live it, and it's in my hands.

That's all for now, stay tuned I plan on sharing more!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I love reading your blogs!!! By the way, I evaluated my diet & I just can't live w/o Mt. Dews & cheese fries. What can I say? I'm a classy lady. I have always LOVED your yummy vegan dishes though. Ah...polenta. :)

Lisa said...

I also have evaluated my diet. I have psoriasis and decided to use my diet to get rid of it. I have some intolerances that I just found out and changed to a vegan diet now. I hoping to lose some weight along the way.