Monday, January 12, 2009

Overload

Me, like many people I'm sure feel the time crunch. This isn't just the wedding time crunch, it's the life time crunch. I have made a rather large "to do" list for work and life. And, I'm going to have to start saying no when asked to add things to my plate:
So this weekend.... It started out by doing something for work on Saturday, then I was on the phone for three hours trying to figure out getting Internet to my house, and then it was out to see a show at the Southgate House. I woke up on Sunday, went to a bridal expo then took my little sister out. I got home around 6:30 and was too tired to do anything productive. I got some things done around the house like loading the dishwasher, laundry, moving some stuff to the massive garage sale pile... but I felt pretty brain dead.
I went through the pile of information and fliers I received at the bridal expo and was unable to process any of it last night. Poor G, I was on the phone with her last night and she could hear the exhaustion in my voice. It's times like that which make the distance worse. Ugh!
But let's talk a little more about this expo... there was a lot going on there. I knew photography was expensive.... but geez, it can get pricey! I looked at some people and thought to myself, hmmm, how would they feel if I told them this was a gay wedding. I mean, I was in a heterosexual mecca! When I would tell vendors that it was a same sex ceremony they instantly thought J.C. was my partner. This made me giggle a little on the inside. (J.C. you know I love you!)
My favorite response was:
Me "have you ever shot a same sex wedding"
Photography guy "Is that what you are doing?"
My thought "Yes sir, just made up my mind yesterday, I'm going to marry a woman instead of a man" Ha, what a funny comment. I'm sure it was just the shock of it, he had photographed a same sex ceremony before, so no bid deal, although it was a funny comment.
Last night I received a call from some travel agent at the expo telling me if I sat in on this thing I'd get a two night three day stay somewhere - wow, they work fast. Unfortunately my fiance has to join me and she is on the other side of the country. Oh well... it really was too good to be true.
I'm expecting a boatload of emails today from all the people I gave my email to. So wait and see... Oh wait there is more...
How could I forget....
Vegan...yes, Vegan... I love talking to people and seeing their face when I tell them I want no animal products in anything. I even asked the Pure Romance people, ha! So the cheesecake lady was definitely baffled by this... how does one make a cheesecake with out cream cheese... well you use vegan cream cheese... So the same sex vegan wedding is still on the hunt for the perfect group of vendors.....

No comments: