Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vegan Potluck

I love the Monday nights that I join my study group of "The World Peace Diet". I leave this group feeling refreshed and ready to share tasty vegan foods with everyone. Last night was one of those nights. We start each meeting enjoying the food we've all prepared for the occasion. The main theme of last night was Mexican food. I had a burrito that I swear was as big as my head! Hmmm Tasty! I brought a delicious vanilla cake with chocolate peanut butter frosting all from my favorite cookbook: "The Joy of Vegan Baking".

Last night we talked about our Journey to where we are in our veganism. It was great to hear the stories of everyone around the table. There is a woman who attends who has been vegan for over 30 years. She is in her 70's. She doesn't look a day over 50 and takes absolutely no medication. I also love her because she comes to these gatherings with her partner who makes the most incredible dishes. I think this shows how powerful a plant based diet can be.

"The China Study" tells us; Change your diet and dramatically reduce the risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and obesity. A deeper look into this research will connect many diseases in our world to a diet filled with animal products. After reading some of this research, I wonder why people continue to eat animal products knowing that I could kill them.

There will be more on this in later blogs.

No comments: