Monday, December 15, 2008

dietary needs

I have been on the hunt for someone to make a vegan wedding cake. I have emailed a lot of people. I have had varying responses from those who don't know what vegan is... which makes me laugh. Using common sense, I feel if I owned a bakery and a potential customer made a request I would at least google it to find out if I could do it or not. Here is my favorite email:

Mary Beth,

I'm sorry NO I do not do a cake like that.
I don't use any animal fat but I do use vegetable oil,eggs & butter,
it just wouldn't seem like a cake with out eggs & butter.

I hope you can find someone to help you. I will ask around and if I hear of any one I will let you know.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Thanks, and many blessings

Patricia

So... Patricia does not do vegan cakes... Apparently my cake really isn't a cake because it wont' have eggs and butter. She will never get my business!

No comments: