Thursday, December 11, 2008

Working Backwards

So yesterday, I think to myself "I should see if I can make an appointment to get my hair done". I don't want to spend a lot of money in general, so I call the Aveda School (and Aveda is vegan). The woman asks me "what time would you like your hair done?" I figured an afternoon appointment if the ceremony is at 6:30. That makes sense. Then she proceeds to tell me that I should be working my day backwards - time everything....
So here is what I should be thinking about:
6:30 ceremony
What time should I be at the sight?
How long will it take to drive from the location I get dressed to the ceremony?
How long will it take to get from my hair/makeup to where I'm getting dressed? It could take 2 hours for hair, one hour for make up....
When do I eat?
When do my other girls get dressed and made up?
Can I do my own hair and Make up?
When will we do pictures... before the ceremony? after the ceremony? With G without G?
UGH!!!

4 comments:

Kimmie and Randy said...

I had a 7 pm wedding and I think I got my hair done around 2. Its nice to get it done early but you definitely can't take a nap between then and the ceremony....

Kimmie and Randy said...

FYI - this is Kim Marksberry!

MB said...

Thanks... I assumed it was you!

Kara said...

Reverse Phase Scheduling, a concept of Lean Construction brought to us by Toyota. That's what you need. I can teach you all about it as long as you bring your own Post-Its.